Ready for round two? Because there were so many readers interested in winning a quart of Tropical Tradition’s Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil in my last giveaway, they have offered a round-two giveaway of an upgraded size of ONE GALLON! This time, I wanted to create something delicious with the oil and share the recipe with all of you. I searched around the Tropical Traditions website for a good recipe and came across their Gluten Free Molten Lava Chocolate Cake… YUMM. I had to test it out!
This Recipe is straight from the Tropical Tradition’s website
4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar (I used Stevia to cut the sugar)
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil. If you wish to serve these cakes on a plate, you will need to flour as well (use coconut flour, blanched almond flour, or cocoa powder).
2. Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or a double boiler. Stir until smooth and let cool.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes (this can seem like an eternity with a hand mixer, but hang in there because it’s worth it!).
4. Pour egg mixture over chocolate. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top. Then gently fold all the ingredients together.
5. Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within 1/2″ of the top). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven (you can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking). Bake for 11-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out the Tropical Traditions website and read about more of the great benefits of coconut oil. If you sign up for their email list, you will also get emails with discount codes and deals!
Tropical Traditions has offered one of Modern Babble’s readers the chance to win a GALLON of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil! Fill out the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions previously provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
a Rafflecopter giveaway